I who may well be...

Musings from the perspective of a human being who may well be not locatable completely within the usual categories of male or female or gay or straight or transsexual or intersexed or exploiter or exploited or supplier or consumer or performer or spectator.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Happy Eunuch Birthday

The sex change operation was exactly seventeen years ago today, so now my pussy is old enough to drive ; )

The local kids commemorated the occasion by calling out "trany trany", trying to spit on me, and harassing me on my way to and from yoga class at the community centre across the road. I just made it inside and got the door closed as they came in for the kill. Transsexuals are murdered by groups of kids like that, with monotonous regularity. I was so terrified I collapsed on the floor in a foetal pose, letting my breathing go, and letting it slowly return from stark terror.

"Vengeance is Mine, sayeth the Lord", and they are pretty much guaranteed short miserable sick lives (pretty much inevitable for a disadvantaged black kid on the block without enough adult-care or self-respect to not abuse an innocent adult) no matter what I do, so I won't take it personally. But I do have less sympathy for the evil little pustules.

I sat up from the floor, saying"This will not kill me. I will not die here. This will not kill me,"Martha Washington's mantra (from Give Me Liberty, the graphic novel series by Frank Miller). Standing up, I resolved to live my life true to myself, and to never act from fear of murderous children, thugs with guns, or any other gang or bully. They will not kill me, they will not stop me from living my life as I see fit.

Well, sure, they can kill my body, but they can never kill me. And my body may react with fear, but my spirit is uncowed, and rising defiant. Freedom LIVES!

2 Comments:

  • At 07 April, 2006 04:43, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's outrageous that you are harrassed. its not at all hippy like and it's for the usa but they have a point:

    http://archive.salon.com/news/feature/2000/03/14/pistol/index.html

    christopher

     
  • At 07 April, 2006 04:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops. it cut off the url: see

    http://www.pinkpistols.org/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com